Facial serums come in many forms and choosing which one is best for your skin can often feel daunting. You’ll hear bloggers and influencers wax lyrical about their latest serum find with every new one outstripping the current version. Taking advice can be confusing and costly.
You might be confused by Esse’s offering with an impressive 6 serums to choose from so we’ve put together a little questionnaire to help you make your choice
- Do you have sensitive skin? Yes (see point 2)/ No (see point 3)
- If you are currently trying to calm a reactive condition flare-up, use the Sensitive Serum with live probiotics to shift your skin’s microbiome to restore barrier function.
If your skin is sensitive and general anti-ageing is your goal, the Resurrect Serum is a perfect choice for you. With the anti-inflammatory properties of Myrothamnus and the overall skin rejuvenating properties of Bakuchiol (Nature’s vitamin A without the side effects). This serum is perfect for all sensitive skin types (and even those that are not).
- For an overall anti-ageing serum, see point 4, for a quick fix see point 5 and if you are just starting to think that it’s time for including a serum into your routine, head over to point 6.
- The Ageless Serum from the Plus line is an active packed hero. It contains a trio of actives found only in this product: Suma Root, Muira Puama Bark, and Madonna Lily extracts together improve the strength of capillary walls and aid in tissue repair. Over time, skin firmness and youthfulness improve.
- The Intensity Serum is perfectly suitable for long term use, but its effects are quick. The key ingredient is Mafane extract from the island of Reunion. This extract contains spilanthol that has the effect of relaxing muscle in a similar way to Botox. So, if you have a special event coming up or just feel you need to see quick results while focusing on your long-term skincare goals, this is the perfect serum for you.
- You don’t want to ignore the first signs of ageing and you certainly want to ensure your skin stays on top of its A-game. The Hyaluronic Serum is perfect for maintaining ideal levels of hydration with low molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HA) as it’s hero ingredient. This version of HA is also particularly effective at managing inflammation which is the leading cause of cell damage and ageing. With a blend of pro and prebiotics, your skin’s microbiome is strengthened to improve barrier function and retail moisture for a firmer, plumper skin.
- And last but certainly not least, Esse’s most awarded product, the Probiotic Serum. This product is exclusively designed to deliver high levels of live probiotics directly to the skin. Three strains of key probiotics are delivered in an oil base, which keeps them dormant until they are activated by the moisture on your skin. This serum is designed to reset the skin’s microbiome with probiotics that can colonise and multiply on skin to reset any imbalance that might exist. We recommend that it be used initially to reset microbial balances over the course of a week and then reduce the number of weekly applications to two for ongoing maintenance. This serum can be used in conjunction with any of the other Esse serum (except the Sensitive Serum which is a version of this product designed specifically for sensitive skin).
Pop over to our website to explore our serum offerings in more detail: Click here